|Some class of an update.
||[Sep. 3rd, 2007|02:09 pm]
It been a while. But anyway. |
Major things that have happened (for those (like me) that cant be bothered reading long posts half the time)
1) I have a 2.1 degree in Zoology.
2) Im working in a pub in Terenure
3)It seems that Boston dont want me.
4)I have a shiny new boyfriend
5)My laptop broke
6)I fell in work last Wednesday and slit one of my wrists.
7) Because I havent been on the internets in about a month, I cant remember my msn password, so I made a new account, and if you want addings, just comment with your msn. Or text me with it or something.
And now the above points in further detail.
1) Yes, to the obvious disappointment of my parent and a few others, i got a second class honour degree. Personally I was quite pleased, considering I had a bit of a brain freeze and didnt study, or come into college more than twice a week for about two months. Pretty much pulled myself from certain failure to a 2.1 in 4 weeks, which isnt bad. I have good enough grade to do much of what I would like to do, and I can always do a masters in a year or so, depending on how Im feeling.
2) Its called the Eagle House and its fun. Im only parttime, and therefore earning 100 euro a week, so Im totally broke, but its quiet, tips are pretty good and I get on well with my co-workers and most of the customers. Im hoping to get full time in a week or so when most of the staff bugger off back to college.
3) Ive had no word from Harvard, and I think if there were going to hire me they would have said something by now, what with the academic year starting and all. Its heart-breaking. I wanted that job so so so much.
I got an email about a month ago telling me that "Harvard will not assist (me) with the visa process". Unfortunatly, for them to hire me they *have* to fill out a form, otherwise I cant get into the country. I need to have a job before I apply for the visa, apparently they wont hire me unless I have a visa. And I cant get a different job, get a visa and just move workplaces, one visa per job. America is a ficking stupid country. Somebody should tell them that their country is shit, noone is *that* desperate to get in.
I got the impression that the guy whos department I would have been working in wanted to hire me, I impressed him in the interview, and apparently got a stellar reference, but Harvard admin are being all ... "omg paperwork."
;_; Really wanted that job.
4) Im seeing a guy called Martin, met him through a friend. Tall, long hair, rather cute, the usual type :P
Kinda funny too, Ben has been trying to set me up with one of his friends for ages and ages, and just when he gave up...
Im really nauseatingly happy about the whole thing. Fingers crossed it doesnt fuck up like everything else has. But thing seem to be doing well. Ive even met his mother!
5) Poor laptop. The graphics thing connected to the motherboard died. Im getting a new one soon. Luckily Martin works in The Laptop Shop (manages a store acually) and is going to use Magical Nepotism Powers to get a shiny laptop all cheap. \o/
In the meantime, Ive borrowed a laptop off someone so I dont go crazy. I dont feel comfortable sitting about downstairs in the house Im living in, for various reasons. At least up here I can msn and watch stuff. (yay blackadder!)
6) Yeah! Drama! I was carrying a tray of pints up some stairs, tripped, dropped the tray, fell on top of the broken glass and slashed my right wrist open. Miss the artery by a millimeter (the doctor measured :S) and cut the blood vessel that sort of goes from the elbow to the thumb. Bleed like a .. bleedy thing. I got nee-nawed off to St James'es in an ambulance, dripping vital fluids all over the place. My poor manager nearly died of shock.
It was kinda serious, but not really. They got the bleeding stopped pretty quickly in the ambulance, I dont think I lost too much blood. Spent 5 hours in A&E, and would have been there longer only some drunk guy bashed into me and I started seriously bleeding, in a "wow, thats a puddle of my blood of the floor.. hello blood *wave*" kinda way, and got rushed through to xray, where they found a bit of glass attempting to weasel its way into my bloodstream. The sneaky bastard!. So the nice doctor removed it and stitched me up. 5 stiches on the outside and and kind of stretchy dissolvable thing holding my blood vessel together on the inside.
The nerd in me was very impressed with the really nice layered effect I could see in the wound. Seriously, I could see the skin layers, the the fatty tissue layer, then muscle, then a lil twitchy tendon. So cool. Looked like a diagram!
So now I have an incredibly suspicious looking row of stitches on my wrist. Im going to be explaining that scar forever.
"no, it was a accident" "yup, fell on glass" "fuck you, it *was* an accident" "seriously" "ok, you just fuck off and die now!!" *emo* *storm off*
Im not emo, I just cut myself sometimes....
So thats my news, see you in about 4 months, the next time I can be bothered to get through and entire update...